Thursday, September 29, 2011

Throwback Thursday Challenge with My Creative Time - Font Cartridges

Good morning! Today is a new Throwback Thursday Challenge over at My Creative Time.  This challenge is to use a FONT Cartridge and not a regular Cartridge.  You can feel free to use any of the fonts OR images on the "FONT" cartridges
I decided to use one of the fonts on the Storybook Cartridge.  This was a nice challenge to do.  I do not use my fonts carts enough and it took me out of my comfort zone.
Today I am using Emma's stamp set Whimsical Calendar Days and the XL Die.  I have loved having these as new editions to my crafting collection. They are so elegant and lovely.  I have barely scratched the surface of what I can try out with these!   They are available for purchase here.


My Supplies:
Whimsical Calendar Days and XL Die  -  My Creative Time
Storybook Cricut Cartridge
Evergreen  Specialty Paper Pad  -  K&Company
Lemon Tart Cardstock  -  Papertrey Ink
Jolees Crystals
Memento
Burgundy Ribbon  -  Offray
Jingle Bells  -  Michaels
Tea Dye Distress Ink
Tonic Distress Tool
Dimensionals

Thank you for stopping by.  Please join in with us in the "Font" Challenge and link up your project over at My Creative Time.   The Design Team will love to see what you come up with!!!   Have a great day!
Love and Hugs,
Cathryn :)






16 comments:

Kate said...

I love it. Beautiful Card. I just love how you offset the die a little bit so it looks like it's matted again. Also love the colors you used.


Hugs,
Kate

Crafting Katie said...

This card is gorgeous, Cathryn! I love the bling on the letters and how you layered the XL Label Die. So pretty!

jen said...

Cathryn your card came out gorgeous!!! You did a fabulous job. What a great stamp set. tfs
hugs,jen

Sandy from Ukiah said...

What a beautiful card Cathryn.. so elegant looking..

Glora said...

This is SO super pretty! I love the sheer ribbon and the sweet bells. The JOY down the side is so sweet too! Beautiful job my super sweet friend! Hugs- Glora

Cindy Beland said...

GORGEOUS job Cathryn,I LOVE the ribbon and all the AWESOME details, Just BEAUTIFUL my friend!!:)

liz at liz's paper loft said...

oh my goodness this is just Beautiful!

Cassandra said...

This is so pretty. Gets me in the mood for making holiday cards :) Nice job!

Cassandra

quilt4fun2 said...

That is a perfect font to use for a Christmas card...so fancy and I love to see it. Great job!
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

ctibbmn said...

That is a really pretty card!! I love all the details - the distress ink, the ribbon, the colors, the jingle bells!! Awesome job!!

Cindy Lovell said...

WOW,Cathryn!! I LOVE this card!! Love everything about it...esp the JOY on the side!! :)
Hugs,
Cindy

Shar said...

Wow, gorgeous! Love everything about this!!!

Unknown said...

Cathryn your card is gorgeous as always. The font is so pretty, perfect style for this card. Love the colors you used and that ribbon! Hugs;)

Pam (AKA CraftyK) said...

Beautiful card...love the colors you used! Great job!!

quilt4fun2 said...

Great font choice...this one always reminds me of Christmas. Beautiful card
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

Anonymous said...

Grate job on the card,and candy box
can't wait to see more.
Evie O