Friday, February 4, 2011

Valentine Card for My Hubby




This card is for my husband for Valentine's Day. I got the inspiration from Leanne, a member of Emma's Design team (creativetimeforme.com). She got the directions from a tutorial on valitasfreshfolds.blogspot.com. I watched the video and then did things a little bit differently. Instead of punches I used the heart on Create a Critter and I did not put the extra circles under the dress of the lady. I love these hearts so much I can tell I will be using them for quite a few projects in the future!

I will be entering this card in the Cricut Cardz Challenge
Materials:
Patterned Paper - Garden Vignettes DCWV
Cardstock - True Black Papertrey Ink, Red, Grey and Black from my stash
Create-a-Critter Cartridge for hearts and frames
black ribbon for tie
Irock and gems
Sentiment - You Had Me at Chocolate from Emma's Creative Time
Stick on pearl for dress
Black fibers from my stash

Thank you for taking the time to look at my post. I appreciate all comments and my followers are the best!!! Lots of Love, Cathryn

18 comments:

Christy said...

This card is terrific. I'm going to check out the video right now so I can see how you did it. I can't believe the curves under the woman's dress. I have to learn how to do that. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I'm following you now also.

Christy
http://christybladehandmade.blogspot.com

Creative Diva said...

Aww! How cute! Your husband is going to love it!

Patty
creativediva98.blogspot.com

Melissa said...

How cute is that? I just love this! Thanks so much for joining CCC.

Jovan said...

This came out so cute!

June Houck said...

Cathryn, we were inspired by Valita too (at Betty Bee's Buzz). You could link this project at Betty's too.

Nice job!!!

Unknown said...

This would have to be the sweetest card I hvae ever seen, you have done a fantastic job. Thank you for sharing, it's beautiful along with you blog.

Amanda
http://www.whiteruffles.blogspot.com/

BettyBee said...

Cathryn, this is beautiful! So happy to have you with us at BettyBee's Buzz, and I love the way you highlighted the lady's dress! I will try your way, too! I used the Plantain SchoolBook Cartridge for my hearts.
I'm off to visit your blog.
BettyBee

Glora said...

They turned out SO pretty. I like the way you did them and the whole care is SUPER classy! Hugs- Glora

Pholly said...

Wow, what a beautiful card. I love it. I am a new follower and looking forward to seeing more.

Thanks for stopping by my blog and becoming a follower. I am new at this, just started my blog last week. I am having a blast.

phollyphlox.blogspot.com

4kids4 said...

This is sooo pretty...what a clever concept...it's so elegant! TFS!

~Sharon C.

Kelly said...

OMG! This card is so cute. What a nice concept!!

Ash said...

This card is fabulous!!! I love everything about it. Great Job!! I'd also like to thank you for becoming a new follower and commenting on my blog. I really appreciate it!

Your newest follower,
Ash :)

Jeri said...

How very cute. Love the way you dressed up your hearts. Thanks for sharing with us at Cricut Cardz.

Angie said...

Love this! Great job changing up the shape of the 'shirt and dress'! I am your newest follower!

http://invitationsonly.blogspot.com/

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

Can I just say I love this card! It cracks me up!!! Thank you so much for stopping by my blog, and for the smile!
Lisa

Brigit Mann said...

I just love how this came out, awesome job!!

Sheri said...

Your valentine card is so sweet !! I love how the outfits your hearts are wearing came out. You husband will love this. :-)

Jae said...

Wow, the card looks so pretty! I actually didn't know that the create-a-critter cart had that frame! TFS. :)
Jenn
craftyfulgardens.blogspot.com